CD has laid back and uninvolving sound

Hi folks, yesterday I listened again to vinyl. I conducted also a comparison between vinyl and CD. The most peculiar thing with CD is that the sound seems to be more laid back, distant and uninvolving. With vinyl the sound has more bloom, is less laid back and has more PRaT. To me this laid back and distant sonic character of CD is the most significant finding and bothers me quite a lot. How can I improve this? Btw, my digital front end: MBL 1621 transport + Accustic Arts Tube DAC. Would Wadia DAC (the old Wadia 9 or another classic Wadia) be better in rendering a more upfront and engaging sound (more PRaT)?

Chris
dazzdax
TJ, I'll try the NOS tube as you described. Are original Mullard long plates also good (musical) tubes for AA Tube DAC? As far as my knowledge goes the tubes in the AA Tube DAC are NOT in the signal path but are localized in the digital-to-analog conversion section. So, why do they have such a profound effect on sound?
Btw, my clamp is the standard clamp that goes with the 1621A and I have put three Shun Mook Giant Diamond Resonators under the AA Tube DAC.

Chris
I have a simaudio product, does have the PRAT. Sounds involving. Not cheap. Andromeda. BUT Sim makes cheaper players that sound good too. I have no financial incentives to tell you this. There are others, Marantz, Linn, etc. I gravitate to vocals (choirs mostly), and Andromeda does great with that material.

Records are good. I have Linn LP12/Ittok/shure V15VMR, but records do wear out with time. My favorate records sometimes can't go beyond a certain point without lifting arm, skip. None of my CD's skip though.

Thanks,

Bill
Chris, I never tried long plate Mullard's in the AA DAC, regular Mullards were way to "dark/romantic" lacking extension and dynamics for me, but Amperex long plate D-getters give me musical pleasure to a high degree. Recently, in my new preamp, I have put in 12AU7's Mullard long plate
The Shun Mook Diamond Resonators don't work with the AA Tube DAC! --> the sound became somewhat hard in the upper midrange, like as if there is some ringing/resonance. Which feet should I use now? Graphite blocks?

Chris
hi chris:

i have great success with the sound fusion sound boosters. read my review at audiophilia.com.