DACed and Confused here...

So many brands/models/shapes/sizes. Everyone has an opinion.

I have decided to start my streaming with a DAC. I will probably just use a tablet initially with Quobuz or Tidal, before ultimately getting a proper streamer.

Looking for <=$1500. I thought I was set with the RME ADI-2 until I read here that it would require a new power supply and basically an engineering degree to make it sound good (not flat, not analytical). Is that price point too low?

System is ARC REF 5se --> Art Audio PX-25 --> Blumenhofer FS-2, with the DAC coming in as the source.

Can anyone give me some guidance?

saulh

Schiit Yggdrasil GS2 for $1699 seems like the deal here. 

I have the GS and I have never felt the urge to upgrade from this 

I recently purchased a used Pontus to go with my Node 2i and was a significant upgrade in sound enjoyment. Considering the LPS for the node now. 
enjoy the ride and the music!

Digital streaming can be done in various ways and requires more that just a DAC

A DAC is just the conversion of a digital signal to an analog signal

A streamer includes a DAC but also includes a network capability and generally a preamp capability

There a many streamers available from under a $1,000 to many Thousands.

I had a MiniDSP SHD which is a streamer but also includes licenses for REW and DIarc software. The software can really make a difference as they help with dealing with unique room situations. I also use Audirvana Studio on a PC for streaming features

My MiniDSP SHD did a great job but FOMO  ( fear of missing out ) took over and I UPGRADED to a Pontus 2 12th-1.

Was there a difference Yes, was it substantial not really.  The MiniDSP SHD with room correction was very good and the Pontus is also very good. Both provided great sound stage and music definition.

Just know that what ever you choose in 90 days something better will be described just sit back and enjoy the music.

Hope this helps

@charles1dad I knew the user name SETBliss had to be you and I am sure the new owner will enjoy your Yamamoto for many years to come.