Equalizer in a Hi Fi system

Just curious to hear everyone’s opinions on using an equalizer in a high end hi fi system. Was at work tonight and killing time and came across a Schitt Loki max $1500 Equalizer with some very good reviews. What are some of the pros / Benefits and cons in using one. Just curious. BTW. I’m talking about a top of the line. Hi end equalizer. Mostly to calm some high frequencies and some bad recordings. 

128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xtattooedtrackman

The best studio analog EQ 9-13 grand all made with the highest quality parts and would rival the best hi fi gear. Research that too online. This should be obvious. I think, anyway 

@mijostyn , I am impressed by your aptitude with implementing biamping and crossover techniques. These are things I know little about. I’ll bet your system does indeed sound really great. Probably different than mine. I might could beat you on some recordings that are older and lacking in tonality. But really great more modern recordings I’ll bet with the knowledge you’ve applied that your system really shines😊. I still think the analog air band in hi fi is “magic sauce.”  Well anyway, I’d be cool in a parallel universe to switch systems for a stretch and see what we learn. 
so you were an FP as well?  CONGRATS on being retired. So you’re in Fl as well?  Miami?

And @mahgister , your aptitude in articulating psycho acoustic theory blows my mind!  Indeed there are so interesting folks here!

Sorry if I get so intense here. But I’m very very passionate about my approach. I still believe after years of accumulated listening experience with many different hi fi systems that my approach yields a uniquely special and very intoxicating (and yes, very hi fi) sound. 

Sorry if I get so intense here. But I’m very very passionate about my approach.

I like passionnate person if they are of good faith and open mind as you are ...

And @mahgister , your aptitude in articulating psycho acoustic theory blows my mind! Indeed there are so interesting folks here!

I am not an acoustician... Just a dude experimenting for an acoustic room designed with no money...But i am fascinated by the relation between physical acoustics, psycho-acoustics and not only music but speech and mathematics ...I advised students on reading as a job 😊 ... I was always more interested by links between fields than by too specialized details ...You cannot advise on reading a mathematics student and a poetry student or a linguistic student without making links between their subject and a question connected to a complete other fields to interest them in a book out of their field to stimulate them ...For a mathematic students for example i can use egyptian mathematic to blew their mind or the Archimedes method or many others questions ...

If you were a student in medecine for example i will recommend to you a book not too far from medecine but out of it, and the book would be so surprizing you will be motivated more and you will fall of your chair reading it born again to medecine ... It could be a book on seeds or why not morphology ... Or a method about observing nature ...Or a book about perception .. etc

Retirement was a punishment for me... And here some pay the price of my isolation ...😊