Equalizer in a Hi Fi system

Just curious to hear everyone’s opinions on using an equalizer in a high end hi fi system. Was at work tonight and killing time and came across a Schitt Loki max $1500 Equalizer with some very good reviews. What are some of the pros / Benefits and cons in using one. Just curious. BTW. I’m talking about a top of the line. Hi end equalizer. Mostly to calm some high frequencies and some bad recordings. 

128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xtattooedtrackman

“I also would be willing to bet most studios are using digital equipment at this point. The analog stuff is being or has been phased out except in specialty studios dedicated to analog of which there are a few, not including MoFi😏”

@mijostyn , you are frankly in flat out denial over the importance of analog EQ in mastering studios. Please do yourself a favor and research that online. You will see what I mean. 

“Flat is boring and usually too bright. “

If this is true then your system is not flat. Plain and simple 

The best studio analog EQ 9-13 grand all made with the highest quality parts and would rival the best hi fi gear. Research that too online. This should be obvious. I think, anyway 

@mijostyn , I am impressed by your aptitude with implementing biamping and crossover techniques. These are things I know little about. I’ll bet your system does indeed sound really great. Probably different than mine. I might could beat you on some recordings that are older and lacking in tonality. But really great more modern recordings I’ll bet with the knowledge you’ve applied that your system really shines😊. I still think the analog air band in hi fi is “magic sauce.”  Well anyway, I’d be cool in a parallel universe to switch systems for a stretch and see what we learn. 
so you were an FP as well?  CONGRATS on being retired. So you’re in Fl as well?  Miami?

And @mahgister , your aptitude in articulating psycho acoustic theory blows my mind!  Indeed there are so interesting folks here!