WHY IS THERE SO MUCH HATE FOR THE HIGH END GEAR ON AUDIO GEAR?

It seems like when I see comments on high end gear there is a lot of negativity. I have been an audiophile for the last 20 years. Honestly, if you know how to choose gear and match gear a lot of the high end gear is just better. When it comes to price people can charge what they want for what they create. If you don’t want it. Don’t pay for it. Look if you are blessed to afford the best bear and you can get it. It can be very sonically pleasing. Then do it. Now if you are also smart and knowledgeable you can get high end sound at mid-fi prices then do it. It’s the beauty of our our hobby. To build a system that competes with the better more expensive sounding systems out there. THOUGHTS?

calvinj

@coralkong yes I see it’s serious. Must be when you are telling someone that posting in caps will get them violated. Lol 

All is a question of informed choices ...

I choose low cost or vintage components + Acoustical,mechanical and electrical embeddings controls over way higher cost gear ...

Top vintage gear is not obsolete ...

low cost dont means bad sound ...

I am not jealous of anyone nor of any gear ...

It is the opposite which could be true , many will be surprized if they listen what a 700 bucks speakers/system can do well embedded and synergetical ...

My system is not high end for sure but not as far from high end that many people imagine ...

Acoustics is the main key not price tag ... Acoustic deefinition of immersiveness and timbre and his qualities dont change with price tag but change with acoustically well embedded basically good gear ...

I enjoy what i called the minimal acoustical satisfaction threshold ...This is defined by a general good balance between all acoustic factors defining all aspects of sound in acoustic for ANY gear at ANY price ...For sure this threshold is independant of the price because it is a balance relative ratio not an absolute classification...

The fact that better system than mine exist dont means that my soundfield is trash in a word ...

The problem of sound is solved in my system , i listen music without being bothered by the sound defects, and i choose the best system in the world for my taste : the best S.Q. possible at the lowest price ... I am not jealous at all but you, you must be, if you spoke about jealousy here because i am not so far from high end that some claim ... 😊

Here i always promoted creativity, homemade tweaks only and especially studies of acoustics and basic experiments ...I never promoted costly upgrades because it is up to each person wallet dimensions and half the time it is bad informed choice...I never bragg about high end products ...I dont needed to for justifying my expanses .....

Anyway my 100 bucks hybrid headphone is unique and is a high end product never reproduced or imitated again for 45 years ...it beat most speakers in a living room because he gave when optimized a soundfield out of the head and speaker-like and bass near 20 hertz with non artificial headphone timbre which i experienced with all my 9 others headphones ...

My low cost speakers dont beat my TOP headphone for sure so good they are but beat most headphones , it is enough for enjoying music ... It is not enough to bragg about high end price for sure, i pay them 100 bucks 12 years ago ...😊

i am very proud to be creative...

It is enough for me ...

Keep your high cost upgrades...

my only upgrade will be a BACCH filters DSP ...

Why are you so triggered by what others say or think? And so much so that you have to repeat the topic over and over. As you say, we are all grown men, so grow up and get over it. YOU are the only one in control of how you react to what others say here. Why are you always so defensive about your position? You have other problems if you let some random guy on the internet get you so riled up over a comment.

Post removed 

@csmgolf ok! There you go! I’m not riled up at all. Pretty much expect it at this point. I’m not the problem or a problem at all. I just wonder how a simple post like this one leads grown men to tell other grown men what to do. What to think and who they are. I posted this because I wonder about it. I’m not triggered at all. I got my system. It’s sounds great and I’m happy. Take care. Sorry about being so defensive. Lol. Anyway. Take care. Anyway. Everyone enjoy your systems and just ignore my posts if you don’t like them.