ultraRendu dropouts at DSD512 and 768kHz

I'm working on solving a problem, and not making the headway I'd like. 

I recently received an ultraRendu to use with Roon and HQPlayer as a network audio adaptor (NAA). I am having trouble with the music stuttering or dropping out, primarily at DSD512 and 768 kHz, which are the maximum specs for the ultraRendu. 

My setup currently is Apple M2 Ultra (Roon or HQPlayer) ---> (Gigabit Ethernet Switch (4 different types tried (both managed and unmanaged) ---> ultraRendu ----> Denafrips (Hermes DDC or Terminator 2). 

Has anyone dealt with this before, have any helpful insights, or can point to a forum where this problem is discuss in detail?

Thanks 

willrich47

@willrich47 

Have you checked the Dena and HQ Player forums at Audiophile Style? They seem to have direct lines to customer support over there (at least I’ve seen for HQ, Lumen, and Roon).

Thanks for the suggestion. I haven’t been there specifically to check the forums, but it sounds like it might be worth a few minutes to check out. 

To be fair, customer service at Sonore and SmallGreenComputer have both been responsive to emails over the weekend, which is somewhat uncommon. I’m not convinced they have a solution right now, but to their credit, they do seem to care. 

FWIW, I have both uR and oR and have no issues upsampling to either 768KHz or DSD512 in HQP Desktop (of course, not all modulators / filters as this is computationally intensive).