Thinking of changing Bedroom bookshelf speakers

I have had a pair of Audioengine A5 plus speakers since they came out. I use the Audioengine B1 bluetopth adapter to stream Spotify from a tablet. I am thinking about buying a pair of SVS Prime Wireless Pro and was wondering what to expect. How are the SVS speakers at low volume listening?

128x128dborden702

Wow the above seems like an AI response!?

your A5s are awesome. I’d recommend upgrading your source from the B1 to a Wiim Pro or a Bluesound Node.  Using Spotify Connect over wifi will give you a SIGNIFICANT improvement in clarity and resolution vs Bluetooth. Especially at low Volumes. 

be well!

Hi Leemaze -

Thanks for the response. You are right about the first response! I like your option about replacing the B1 with Wiim Pro. I had not even thought of that. I don't dislike my Audio Engine A5's - I just thought maybe the SVS would be a big jump.

BTW - My in bed listening is:

Wiim Mini connected to Topping DX3 Pro+ and HIFIMAN Sundara. I was thinking about changing the Wiim Mini and Topping to either a Bluesound Node or the new FIIO R7. What do you think?

Oh rad. Yeah the R7 could be a big upgrade for your phones - worth an audition for sure. And then you can move the mini + topping to your A5+!

that would be dope. I love those A5+s. I’ve bought them for several friends as gifts so I can hear good sound at their houses, lol. :)

let me know what you think!

UPDATE:

I purchased a Wiim Pro Plus Dac/Streamer to replace the Audio Engine B1 Bluetooth receiver. Wow - new life for the Audio Engine A5+! Truly a worthwhile upgrade.