Swiss Digital FUSE BOX Question Thread

Good Day

Over the last several weeks I have been receiving questions daily about the Swiss Digital Fuse Box

I have asked permission to post this thread.

Questions, needs, comments etc. – feel free to post here

I’m hopeful that by starting this thread those interested can get their questions answered.

Thanks – Mark

verafiaudio
Post removed 

This is just a question, not a criticism.  I’ve been wondering why everyone is working so hard on finding the right metal, polishing, etc. and not just bypassing the entire junk fuse holder and slug and just wiring passed the whole thing with good high end wire?   Sometimes the AC wire comes in to a fuse holder which the wire could easily be unsoldered and moved over to the other end to bypass the holder.  If the fuse holder is PC board mounted then just solder some good wire underneath from one solder joint to the other to bypass it.  Then either no protection (I don’t  recommend but whatever) or use the Swiss Digital Fuse Box.  I would imagine this would sound a lot a lot better than a slug.  Has anybody been experimenting with this?

@harpo75 

No question that your idea is a good one - but no protection sounds not so good to me in the long run.

Thanks

I’m just saying, for people that are going to take out the protection why don’t you get rid of the actual connection too.  Every connection you can get rid of will improve the sound quality.  I really like the idea of removing the connection all together and using something like the Swiss Digital Fuse Box.  Just wish there was something more affordable to provide protection.  No way I could afford one for each device on my retired budget.