looking for an integrated amp in the $1500 range

I need to downsize and will be selling my Aragon 4004 MKII and AVA Fet Valve Hybrid SL Preamplifier with Silver Face Plate and MM Phono.

The rest of system is Burchardt s 400 m1’s, Marantz TT 15s1, Rega M3 MM phono amp, Gustard x16 DAC. Wiim pro streamer. Sounds great mid to high level volume. Lower volume not so much so I want that quality at lower volume if possible. I’m considering Schitt RAGNAROK basic model or Rogue Sphinx 3. Anyone have any thoughts or experience with these or other suggestions. Thanks in advance.

andrake

Right now I have a 200w at 8 ohms Aragon so not looking for more power, less is what I' m seeking

"Lower volume not so much"

How low? Do you think you may be in the low volume region whereby some Bass Boost is needed (by all of us)?

Fletcher-Munson analysis, and solutions exist

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equal-loudness_contour

In the old days, all receivers and all preamps had a ’loudness’ filter, which was actually a ’low volume compensation filter’, based on Fletcher Munson curves, boosting bass progressively as volume lowered (also boosted highs, but bass is more important).

One way to add Fletcher Munson curve to a system without it is this Chase Remote Line Controller RLC-1

https://www.ebay.com/itm/115950746438?mkevt=1&mkcid=1&mkrid=711-53200-19255-0&campid=5338381866&toolid=10001&customid=7dfb441e-72d0-11ee-a314-313035333933

it starts at a default volume with no F-M compensation. As you lower the volume below default, it automatically and progressively implements F-M bass boost, in relation to the reduced volume.

Essentially ALL Preamps/Amps need this (modern equipment lacks ’loudness’ filters), and all speakers need to receive boosted bass signals at low volume.

Therefore, different speakers will not solve the problem, different integrated amp will not solve the problem.

Add a gizmo? No one, none of my friends, including myself are able to detect whether the Chase unit is in or out of my system.

+1 @elliottbnewcombjr

However, before acquiring more gadgets, consider implementing the F-M curve concept by using the internal 24 EQ presets or a 10-band graphical EQ in your Wiim Pro streamer, especially if you’re planning to downsize.  I have found that effective for low level listening at night.

@stereo5 Wrote:

If you want to waste your money, buy an amp.  If you want to solve your problem, get higher efficiency (93db and higher) speakers.  Buying a bigger or more powerful amp will NOT help low level listening. 

I agree! 😎

Mike