Peachtree Reliability issues?

I'm curious if any of you have had reliability issues with peachtree products. Awhile back I was considering buying an idac but didn't because I read that people were having problems with them breaking. My brother bought a nova pre and the dac on it broke the second day he had it. He had another one sent to him five days later, he has had that one for a week, and now he is having the same problem; broken dac. Have you guys had similar problems with peachtree products? Dacs in particular?
128x128b_limo
@oldgzzrr, how is that volume control on your peachtree?  That was always a complaint of mine with peachtree gear.  The volume could not be controlled in small increments with the remote control...

This new peachtree stuff, all of it where they ditched that gimmicky tube buffer, is made in canada and not china.  I’d like to hear the 300 in my system.

On a side note, I hope that’s geezer, not, well, sound it out!
i've an original Nova for 11yrs no problem, other than the remote seems to need some spanking to wake up. I've also a NovaPre, zero issue in the last 4-5 years.

I have an Amp500, gloss mocha. I'd like to have the matching preDAC, but don't like the fact there are no tone controls.  I realize some purists would call this horrendous, but, that's how I feel.  I could use one of many other receivers or preamps that would work beautifully, but, the aesthetics would bug me, as this is a very contemporary style.  Would appreciate input from anyone who has the matching Amp500/Audio preDAC. Thanks.