Bacch Dsp, True stereo?

The latest gimmick seems to be eliminating cross talk as a way to achieve true stereo.

Seems very expensive and works with any speaker.

Another layer of complexity.

Anyone have an opinion on this new fad? Seems a bit neurotic to me

emergingsoul

Very encouraging comments.

So the system is designed for a highly focused Target of one person to achieve results. So group of people probably wouldn't benefit as much.

How come you haven't gotten the system you seem very happy about what it does despite the challenges to implement?

There won’t be any challenges to implement it in my system because it is entirely active and it will be plug and play. The only challenge is money, like many things. I did feel it was important to get the room corrected and have the highest level of DSP processing possible before implementing BACCH. Thus my recent purchase of the dspNexus, which is now processing 8 channels with 12 biquad filters at 192K in real time, the results are stunning. The largest impact in sound reproduction is the speakers, next is the room, and I would say crosstalk is third in my list so it will be my next purchase when I can afford it. It’s really quite simple to implement from my discussions with their team. It simply is added between your source and the speakers and works its magic by using head tracking technology. The initial set up includes using microphones put in your ears to measure your unique ears and head and then it’s set up and you don’t need to do anything else. I’m not sure why you perceive that to be difficult. Much less difficult than measuring the room and developing biquads for my DSP in my opinion. 

Thanks,

Steve 

@hifidream

I agree that highly directional speakers do certainly help with stereo imaging, but I couldn’t get them to do much in terms of crosstalk elimination. I’m using horn speakers right now in conjunction with crosstalk reduction and I’m getting very good results. I heard some big horns at this summer’s Pacific Audiofest that had the best stereo separation of anything at the show in my opinion. Others mentioned it too. Besides inter-aural crosstalk, early side wall reflections can seriously degrade the stereo presentation too, and it is truly amazing how good a standard 2 speaker system without crosstalk reduction can be at producing a wide, spacious sound field with clear separation between instruments when early reflections are properly addressed, either through directional speakers, room treatments, or a combination of both. With crosstalk reduction it can be even more amazing, but dealing with early reflections remains super important, otherwise the full benefits won’t come through. Horns or other directional speakers can make that easier. I’ve also found that the quality of the speakers and other components remains as important as ever. If the tonality is off or there is too much distortion, the sense of realistic space is severely compromised, although you can almost always still hear some benefit. Even when listening to my laptop speakers I can get some sense of spaciousness with crosstalk reduction that would otherwise not happen at all.

Bacch uses microphones in your ears to measure the room and your ears to get the best sound.

I didn't know about this. I wish there was a video giving a full scale view of what you need to do to install this thing.  For some reason they just don't wanna do this.

I have a basic dac streamer connected to a pre-amplifier which is connected to the amplifiers which is connected to the speakers.

Do I need to get a desktop computer integrated to use this thing? 

Bacch uses microphones in your ears to measure the room and your ears to get the best sound. I didn’t know about this.

You’re the only one here who doesn’t seem to get this extremely simple concept. Seriously, have you done any research on this system at all??? Or do you need a YouTube video to spoon feed you and show you how to do everything? At this point in the thread that you don’t know this system is calibrated once by using in-ear microphones is just inexplicable and utterly embarrassing for you. You keep trying to push this agenda that this is hard to set up when several people here who’ve actually bought and use it say it’s not bad at all. Yet you keep pushing this completely false narrative and seem completely incapable of absorbing any of the very pertinent information being shared with you by experienced users. There’s a problem here.