Dunlavy SC IV extra tweeter felt?

My Dunlavys have 4 diamond shaped pieces of felt over the tweeter, unlike the other models. Anyone seen this or know why
lpniles007
I agree, there seems to be some confusion. Does the OP have the ability to post any pictures of his speakers?
"03-12-15: Pryso
I wonder if there might be some confusion here about whether the thick wool felt was utilized to closely surround specific drivers or actually attached to the cones/domes of drivers?"

In this case, it was both. If you look at a pic of the speakers, you'll see the tweeter surrounded by a felt/cloth type of material. It doesn't touch the tweeter, it just surrounds it. The OP was talking about actual pieces of felt attached directly to the drivers themselves.
Zd542 if that is the case then my scIII's had the felt only surrounding the driver and not actually attached to any part of it.

The diamond shaped felt pieces are in the 4 corners where the "normal" felt ends. They do not cover the dome of the tweeter. I have never seen this on any other SC-IV (or a pair of III's I had).
"03-12-15: Rleff
Zd542 if that is the case then my scIII's had the felt only surrounding the driver and not actually attached to any part of it."

My comments were just to try and make sense of the OP's speakers. I thought that since Dunlavy was no longer in business, people may have had a hard time getting replacement parts. Since no one can find an instance where felt was applied directly to the driver, it was my guess that someone would do this to "tune" a close match, that was not a direct placement. I could be wrong on this. It just seemed like the most likely explanation.