Quiet Introduction of the Magnepan 1.7i

Anyone aware of this or indeed heard them?

All I can say is be prepared for the 1.7i to be a much more convincing proposition than the old (if the 3.7 vs 3.7i is anything to go by).
moonglum
The first time I heard the MBL 101's in Germany back in 2005, they were only 30,000euro if memory serves me right. Yeah, same experience, went home to listen to my then new B&W 800's and felt as if I was missing that homogenous sound and spaciousness. Till this day, I treat rooms with absorbers, diffusers, etc., to give me back that experience.
Moonglum, I think this would be more trouble than it's worth just to claim the $100. You'd have to pay for the speakers outright first..and take them home for 30 days.

Sounds like a fantastic marketing plan by Magnepan. This offer should get a few people off the fence that were considering Maggies.
Mitch4t said:
I think this would be more trouble than it's worth just to claim the $100.
I can just a modern day pair of grifters like Kramer and Newman trying to figure out a way to con Magnepan out of multiple Franklins.
Mitch, I couldn't agree more....and good manufacturers deserve success.

The only downside for me is that I'm ineligible because I'm in the UK :(
I can just see a modern day pair of grifters like Kramer and Newman trying to figure out a way to con Magnepan out of multiple Franklins.
Swampwalker, ...Kramer and Newman are in New York City. I just
don't think they even have the testicular fortitude to even
walk into any of the high-end salons there.

....but Boston is another story. Harry The Hat would milk
this for all it's worth. He'd hit every store in a 30 mile
radius.