Rockport Avior or Magico S5

Well I am selling my Verity SarastroII and looking at the Rockport Avior or the Magico S5. From what I am hearing the Rockport's are a darker presentation than the Magico's. Both seem to have great sound stage and depth. My Sarastro's I think are more like the Magico S5's and I am thinking of going in a different direction with the system.
What do ya's think?
hevac1
i agree with the above posters. Your speakers have more soul than the Magicos. I cannot comment on Rockport as I have only heard them once and I cannot remember the model although, as I recall, I left very impressed. But with proper placement and ancillaries, yours are among the best speakers I've ever heard.
Agree with Charles1dad there is no substitute for auditioning both speakers yourself. They are both great speakers and have a lot in common. It'll all come down to a matter of taste. If you have the opportunity, go to Goodwin's High End where they sell both models, and usually on the floor for demo that you can play with a variety of gear.

FWIW, I own the S5s and absolutely love them to death.

You are choosing from two very good speakers. Good luck with your choice!
Jfrech,
Compared to my Verity's & the Magico S5's I feel the Rockports do not sound as analytical. I have to do more listening but am waiting for my Verity's to sell so I know how much cash will be on hand and how much I have to make up.
I am still very happy with my VPS as you are. I cannot find music that sounds bad with it.
My oldest piece is my Meridian G68.
My source equipment sits in a closet on the other side of a main carrying beam. I can bounce a basketball in my room while playing vinyl with not transfer to the turntable. The closet isolation works so well that even the JL Audio subs while playing Pink Floyd at high levels I have no feedback to the cartridge.
Hifibouncer,
I had 2 Rel Stadium III's in my system and moved 1 of them to the rear for surround sound after selling 1 of them. I found JL Audio f113's that I have 2 in the front to be much faster for music than the Rel's. They load the room and the crossover is very low 35Hz because the Verity's have 11" woofers and go very low themselves.
Gpgr4blu,
John Quick who was the distributor for Verity came over and setup the Sarastro's when I purchased them. I do need more treatment but want to wait on the new speakers. I want to hear the new speakers under the same conditions.