Does it make sense to "ignore low ball offers"?

Assuming the person wants to sell the item and is accepting offers (since he didn’t say the "price is firm") then why say "I will gladly ignore low ball offers" ?

Why not make a counteroffer to the low ball offer? Thats how cars, houses and most anything that doesn’t have a "firm" price is purchased.

If its because the seller doesn’t want to waste their time negotiating they should say so or simply grow-up a little bit and not get so easily offended by a low offer. Besides, a buyer has no idea what the seller is willing to accept unless you negotiate it.

I’ve sold and purchased a number items after negotiating from a low first offer.

128x128sbayne

Most sellers on Audiogon take care of their investments and they are not usually your brick-and-mortar brands. With that being said, my rule of "low ball offers" are 15% -20% on 2nd market value whether I'm the buyer or seller. You can always check the "sold and complete" sales of an item on the other website (not the asking or selling price).

There are too many people thinking that they can get flea market deals on fine audio equipment. I would recommend purchasing your stuff from a Fleamarket if you want "low balled" price. But on the other hand, if someone is listing an item at a great price, then jump on that purchase while you can.

do we still have to wait 48 hours for a counter offer response before selling to someone else ?

@jl35  You can accept another offer even if you already have a counter and are waiting for a response.