Matching the cartridge to the phono stage

Hey Everyone, I am new to this so please be gentle :) 

I am in the process of buying an amp that has the phono stage in it with the following specs with 3 options for the cartridge type MM/MC-Low/MC-High:

Moving Magnet: 2.5mV / 47kΩ

Moving Coil:

MC-High-Output: 0.3mV / 100Ω

MC-Low--Output: 0.1mV / 40Ω

LINE 180 mV / 47 kΩ

Now I am thinking of buying the Hana SL cartridge with the following specs:

Hana SL specifications:

• Output Level @ 1kHz: 0.5mV

• Output Balance @ 1kHz: Less Than 1.5dB

• Impedance @ 1 kHz: 30 Ohms

• Suggested Load: 400 Ohms

• Cartridge Weight: 5 Grams

The preamp MC-Low says:  MC-Low--Output: 0.1mV / 40Ω

The Hana SL cartridge: Output Level @ 1kHz: 0.5mV, Impedance @ 1 kHz: 30 Ohms and Suggested Load: 400 Ohms. 

How do these values match ? As far as I can see I don't have the same voltage 0.5mv on the cartridge and 0.3mv on the phono preamp. I also see that 40ohm vs 30ohm. The 400ohms figure is only mentioned on the cartridge. 

Can this cartridge be used successfully with this phono stage ?

Do I need to match these numbers ? Can someone help explain this whole thing to me. 

Thanks!

ajones82

To be fair, don't you think that a load resistance switch is sometimes a response to the marketplace which tends to place a high value on fiddling with load resistance, because most audiophiles, who are also potential buyers, do not understand the problem as you state it?  Whew! That was a long question.  Thanks.

@atmasphere 

Thanks for the detailed view of the interaction between cart and phono pre, very illuminating. I appreciate you sharing the knowledge. 

As for your last point about how the preamp design deals with the RFI, isn't some level of variability in load resistance needed? The market for MC carts presents a lot of options, all of which have very different specs. Or am I not understanding your point?

So much cool information here, I learned a ton. Thanks everyone. I think what I'm going to do is find a cartridge that fits my phono stage in the Luxman. I saw some people mention a match of Dynavector cartiridges, Benz, soundsmith. Some of them are expensive and I'm looking to find one for under 1K that sounds awesome. Maybe even Hana SH which matches better to the Luxman. I'm not going to do any modifications to the amp for sure, if I decide to do that then I'll just buy a separate phono stage instead. 

I also just found more specs for the phono stage: 

S/N ratio:

PHONO (MM) : 91 dB or more (IHF-A correction, 5 mV input) 

PHONO (MC) : 75 dB or more (IHF-A correction, 0.5 mV input)