Magico's M9

I know everyone is sick of hearing about this, but $750K for a pair of speakers? I suppose I'd have to upgrade my flea watt amp too.

128x128fstein

I'd like to hear them too. hard for me to imagine that speakers could be worth that but money is a relative measure, and if someone has the cash and chooses to spend it this way, good for them. It's not a moral issue. Problem with that point of view is that  a $10,000 set of speakers is far beyond the means of many as well. Most people would never understand why anyone would "need" to spend ten grand on speakers 

it's all relative and a matter of choice for those who have the means. Nothing inherently good or bad about it 

I don’t think anyone need 750k speakers, or even 10k speakers. I am at the point in my life where I could afford $750k speakers with the right electronics, but not without serious sacrifice and that is a choice I am not willing to make since I don’t need these speakers, I am happy with my 50k system.

I’ve been lucky enough to have heard the M9s. 
If I had $750k to spare, I’d consider them. And I’d consider the Pillium monoblocks, too. 
 It was a wonderful experience listening to such a fine system in a dedicated listening room. Having seen how Magico speakers are constructed, the components and care taken to do so, by an army of dedicated, focused people, I was honored to have been invited to the company/factory. 
 Elon is a down to earth, audiophile and gentleman. 

I don't begrudge rich people spending their money on luxury goods, particularly items that are made in the USA by companies that hire skilled craftsmen, pay them a living wage, and pay US taxes. I would rather they go that than just leave it in the bank.