T+A DAC 200 or WEISS 501

Who will take what if given an opportunity lets take a vote.

jasbirnandra
Post removed 

@dougthebiker how good is the MP streamer? I have the DAC 200 and i'm looking for a new streamer ... but for some reason the MP is not on my list ( i don't like having a CD ... ). 

I have the T+A DAC 200 in my system now on a trial basis. I am also trying the PS Audio DirectStream Mk2. I own the Bricasti M3, been using it for more than a year. In my system the T+A and M3 are similar, with a slight edge to the T+A in terms of detail.

The DS Mk2 on the other hand is more refined than either: smoother but with more micro-dynamics, resulting in better textures, detail, and separation of instruments; definitely more soundstage depth than the others; a larger soundstage; better definition in low frequencies.

I am not using the preamp feature in any of these. Unless things change dramatically I will be going with the PS Audio unit. I will say that the build quality on both the Bricasti and T+A is stellar. 

@thibaultgeoui You have to trial the T+A MP 200 with the DAC 200.  They were designed as a pair and it makes a huge difference.  Be prepared, though, they connect with an Ethernet cable and you won’t want the use the one they supply.  Use at least an AudioQuest Vodka or equivalent and you’ll hear SQ that transcends the VERY expensive DACs.

I also auditioned the PS Audio DS 2 and was disappointed in the amount of detail.  Sent it back.

BTW, all these DACs need at least 200 hours on them before they start to sound like themselves.  The PS Audio didn’t peak until about 400 hours.