What was the craziest location that you made an audio purchase from?

I thought that this might be a fun topic.

I just purchased speaker cables on Audiogon while on a cruise ship in the Canary Islands How about you?

gpullman

Early in December while driving north thru California on I-5 I phoned in an order for LRS+ speakers.

I once was a few hundred feet from Mt Everest and I remembered I forgot to order my Tidal Bugatti, so I sent the Sherpa back. He wasn't the sharpest tool, so he ordered a Veyron, and that's what I have now in my living room. 

I scored a classic Apt Holman pre-amp for $150 at a rinky-dink used record shop in a small town in Connecticut.  

My first "new" speaker purchase was from a department store.  They had a little "sound room" in the back, and there set a pair of Scott speakers with 15" woofers.  Someone thought it would be entertaining to punch their fist through one of the woofers.  The department store took the only reasonable option for them and marked them down to a ridiculously low price. I borrowed my dad's Corvair work van and home they went.

I used my sister's clear fingernail polish to "temporarily" put the cone back together.  
Expecting a "rapid disassembly" I was surprised they made it thru the Beatles AND The Dave Clark 5.  Years later, they were too big to todt off to the college dorm, so I sold them.  With a functioning, but esthetically challenged, 15" woofer.