Warmer class D amps for magnepan?

I am planning on buying a pair of lrs+, and i need a poweramp. I am well aware that class D is despised in the magnepan community, but its unwarranted. Nuforce and the new purifi amps are designed to handle 2 ohm loads, and have been used to power Maggies without falt. My only concern is they will kinda rip my head off if i play any less than perfect recording on them. I’m aware that all modern magnepans are unforgiving, but can be tamed with a smoother amplifier. So why not class A or AB? Unfortunately, i simply dont have the space for the ones that are actually rated at 2 ohms (the lrs is around 3.5ohm, but dips to 2.8, it MUST be able designed to handle a 2 ohm load). Also, any one of them that does go up on sale, the owners almost always refuse to ship them, and want you to pick it up in person (for which i dont have the resources to do so). So I ask if there are any smoother, more forgiving class D poweramps (not intergrated models) that you are sure will power magnepans correctly. They can be discontinued, as i will be buying it used regardless, so anything from 2008 to 2018 would be preferable and my budget is around €2000, so say $2500. Thank you.

hamark

I highly recommend the D-Sonic M3a-1200S.  It drives my Gunned MMGs quite nice.  I use a Don Sachs tube preamp and Audio Mirror tube DAC.  Very warm and no listening fatigue 

Atma Sphere Class D would be my choice. I've tested it with Sound Lab speakers (you'll find a video on youtube) and this combo works VERY nice. It will probably be your last amplifier as well. 

I use a Rogue Sphinx and REL 9x sub with my Magnepan .7s. Very good combo for the acoustic music listening I do 95% of the time. I really think the use of a tube input stage can be beneficial with Class D power. Several makers doing that now. But … . So many assumptions voiced here without much to support it. My first introduction to Maggies was the little MMGW driven by First Watt monoblocs, so maybe 40 watts a channel. Absolutely beautiful tone. The owner didn’t listen at loud levels and was drawn to the purity of sound. I now run a pair of MMGWs and sub with a First Watt M2 and a pass diy tube preamp. Lovely. Not loud, but as a secondary living room system just great. Yes, you’ll gain some dynamics (not much, that’s not something Maggies do well) with more wattage, and keep your amp well within its “just idling along” power level. But don’t get too hung up on raw power, unless you’re trying for rock concert sound levels. In which case I’d suggest another speaker.

I really think the use of a tube input stage can be beneficial with Class D power. Several makers doing that now.

IMO/IME this is a Bad Idea. Why not just build a proper input buffer? The tube suggests that there's a distortion problem in the class D circuitry that needs masking...