Vintage turntable with a modern phono stage, is it worth it?

Hello all. I am considering swapping out my 12 year old Rega RP3 for a new turntable. I am looking at a beautifully restored Thorens 125 MII with a Sorane TA-1 tone arm and I would be putting my Hana SL cart onto it. My question is, would it be worth it to upgrade my phono stage as well? Or is going vintage not really an "upgrade" in the usual sense? I currently have a Schiit Mani and feeling perhaps I should consider upgrading alongside the turntable. The rest of my system is a Leben 300xs Integrated Amp / Zu Soul 6 loudspeakers.

Thoughts?

128x128avgonzalez77

A Vintage TT of a certain type with a certain type of Phonostage, either modern or a older design can prove to be a superb method to replay a Vinyl LP.  

I moved on to Vintage TT's as my main source more than 20 years ago, and even though most owned are with modifications, they have proved to be ideals tools and fit for their role in the system. 

Yes, the phono stage is a critical component in the chain. As you're looking to use a low output MC, you are somewhat precluded from the many MM only tube phono stages. 

Post removed