Vinyl static ionizers who's used them?

There are 2 that I know of the DS Audio ION-001 Vinyl ionizer or the CS Port Static Eliminator IME1. Are they worth the asking price? 

rsf507

Benji, thank you for answering my questions, and I don’t see where I was confused. The questions I asked were based on my understanding of your original post. Many people have claimed in the past that the act of the diamond stylus rubbing against the groove is a major cause of the electrostatic charge accumulating. In fact, if you look at the websites for these very expensive devices we have been discussing, that notion perpetuated .. Many years ago, the Shura corporation did a fairly scientific controlled study of static charge on records, and they concluded that friction between the Stylus and the groove is not a major cause of static accumulation. Your results are completely consistent with those of the Shure corporation. So that’s very interesting. And that’s what I wanted to know. My opening statement that you were” confusing us with actual data “ was meant to be facetious. Most claims made here are pure speculation or personal opinion. You contributed real information that you acquired using one of the best handheld meters to do the job.

@mikelavigne 

I have a question about your findings using the Destat III on records. You stated that after pre-treating with the Destat III and playing the record on your turntable the effects only last about 5 to 10 minutes. How were you able to determine that? Did you measure the static charge before and after play? The reason I ask this is because my findings are totally different.

When I treat a record with the Destat and measure the static charge on the record surface it is 0.00, surface is neutral. After playing the record I measure the surface again while the record is still on the turntable and I get a reading of 0.00 to 0.04 across the record. Which shows that the record surface is still static free after playing that side of the record. 0.04 is such a small amount you would never hear it through your system. I have repeated this process many times and with many different records. We seem to have very different outcomes using the same process.

Hey if you would like to get rid of those doorstops for free I will take them !

I use this cheap version I got from Amazon:

YUCHENGTECH Ionizing Air Blower Anti Static Ionizer Static Eliminator ESD Ionizer Static Elimination Fan Benchtop DC Type (110V)

there is fan noise but I only use it between records.

Lance, in your unit, does it have plates inside that you have to clean periodically?

If anyone is selling a Nagaoka Kilavolt No 103 please Let me know.  Thanks!