getting into streaming

So after many years of playing cd's, I'm considering getting into streaming music. I would prefer to use the DAC in my accuphase CD player; my question is I assume any streamer would require something additional to control it (smart phone, tablet etc) but I'm wondering if there is something out there that has its own controller to use to surf for songs, so I don't have to buy anything else to use it

gwng8

I may get laughed out of this thread, but...

I’m using moOde Audio player software on a Raspberry PI 3B+ into to the USB input on my Parasound P6.

It sounds great. Even compared to vinyl (SOTA, etc.) or CDs.

I’m not using network switches constructed of unobtanium, or platinum Ethernet cable. The PI connects to the router on 5 GHz WiFi. (Lost packet count, retries, etc. are zero.)

I’m open to subjective differences between sources and components, but in this case, bits are bits. If they weren’t, then your Windows updates would fail.

I don’t buy the false equivalence between cost and SQ. Resistors, capacitors, inductors, transistors, even tubes, are cheap relative to thick faceplates, etc. that don’t improve the sound.

Particulars: I stream QOBUZ to the PI using mconnect on Android or Home Assistant as the control point. Internet radio is directly through the moOde interface. Play through Parasound P6/A23 and ProAc Tablettes + SVS subwoofer.

HiFi Rose streamers come with a remote control.....and Lumin has an optional remote control for their units.  Both of these can "technically" do what you are wanting.  But it's significantly easier to use an iPad (or iPhone) for control.