Lampizator Questions

Hello All-

I’m wondering if there are any long time Lampizator owners here that might be able to answer a few questions I have about the product line specifically with regards to the nuances of tube rolling, the digital boards and the build quality between models.

designsfx

In reading owners input on various forums there seems to be question with regards to the output level on certain previous models. I believe the newer models offer a high/low output setting on the back of the unit while others just reduce the output volume (if their dac is configured with one).

From what I’ve read various methods have been offered for solving this but I’m trying to learn more about the various output levels specified across models and which preamps are agnostic to these DAC’s high output levels.

Is there any impact to sound quality by running at a reduced volume output and/or would this be something that requires constant adjustment (with the use of various tubes?) 

Wondering if other owners have experienced these issues with Lampizator, what other components were in the chain and if they experience distortion how was it mitigated.

@willgolf My question to you is: Do you know why Lampi started making dac’s with indirect heated tubes and later they switched to DHT and now their flagship unit Horizon is back to using IHT with the wapping price tag of 49,000.00. Did they ran out of ideas or the new trend is part of their marketing scheme? Your unbiased input , on this matter, will be appreciated.

willgolf

Tannoy, probably because in each dac the best implementation was used after R&D. Maybe the Horizon circuitry benefitted best with that type of  tube is my best guess.

@designsfx Does it have to relate to your original question? Are you taking an offense, because I din’t ask for your permission. Don’t you see that almost no one on this forum is interested in your question. In addition, my question was not even addressed to you. What is wrong with you?