Denafrips FPGA Firmware Update

In case there are any Denafrips DAC owners out there that are not aware of the FPGA Firmware Update, here's the link:

I did the update on my Ares II earlier today and am currently enjoying the results.  It is definitely an improvement without question.

mceljo

FPGA Firmware Update is available for Pontus II now. Any feedback from the Pontus II owners? Thanks in advance!

Installed the Pontus II 12th Anniversary FUT. I downloaded to my Mac Pro (Mojave), the directions were clear and went quite smoothly. Less than 1 minute once I dropped the file into the Terminal window. I didn't expect to be blown over by the results of the firmware, and, I wasn't. However, there is some pixie dust happening here; A good thing. I played one of my favorite Latin Jazz - 'Montuno' -from Lalo Schifrin. its 7:34 of pure energy—and there was a bit more bass & brass, a bit more air around instruments, and a bit more sound stage height than what I'm use to. Its a small bump. I'll know better in a week.

I should add to the above; I was streaming from my iPad, usb to Pontus, to P3 pre, to EX-M7, to Revel M106 pair. I have yet to try the other ports and I believe Alvin noted those ports would receive the benefit of the firmware, too.