PS Audio Power Plant P3 to P12

I currently own a P3 which I use for all my source components. PS Audio is currently having a promotion on the P12. Anyone made this transition?

128x128jaytor

@jeffstrick no angle.

In my profession I'm paid to listen to my client, so I can help resolve the issue they came to see me about. And the way that I've honed my ability to serve people thru the years is to observe what goes on along the way. I'm just trying to make connections, and learn.

I asked the question about cables because I thought you were commenting on the comment I had made about power conditioning.

I thought you were further distracting the thread with a derogatory comment about those of us who understand how important some form of power management is to achieving good sound. I guess my disclaimer on that statement would be: for those of us who need it.

I live on the top floor of a high-rise in an urban environment and need it big time.

I wasn't making a dig. I would own it if I did, because I enjoy ribbing guys around here just as much as the next guy.    : )

I was trying to identify a commonality. One of the things I've observed as a common theme around here is that people who think you can get the kind of sound we're getting with the kind of speaker cable and el cheap interconnects I used in high school are also, typically, of the mindset that it's ridiculous to spend, especially big, bucks on power conditioning.

I'm well aware that our approach to power management may be different, and it sounds like both of us are getting awesome results. 

I love the banter, the way. Like I've mentioned before, this group reminds me a lot of the diversity of the AA group I got sober at 33 years ago. I definitely don't like the mean spirited stuff. That's totally uncalled for, but the banter is not only part of how we learn, it's part of how we have relationship with each other.

Speaking of relationships around here ... anyone know what happened to that real cool and super eccentric cat that, I at least I, though was kind of a guru when it came to getting master class sound out of his vintage gear using all his eccentric tweaks based on complex physics principles? His name is on the tip of my tongue. I know a lot of you guys know who I'm talking about.

@audiom3 I damn near went with a Niagra, but for my personal needs I thought that the PS Audio approach was the one.

I definitely subscribe to the principle that there's more than one way to skin a cat.

One of the ways I think we've hit a home run with whatever piece of equipment we've added to our system is when we have zero desire to change anything.

I hope you're there also. It sounds like you are!

@jaytor Have you hit that little Multiwave button on your remote yet?!?

: )

... that's the feature I love the most about my P15.

It's like having a super fine adjustment for the really fine like highest frequencies.

And it's quite literally like the perfect button on my system, Lol.

Have you played around with it yet?

@tunefuldude all good my friend I get it. Have a nice weekend, playing plumber and electrician today. 

@tunefuldude - I played with the Multiwave a bit today. Multiwave may be a slight improvement over Sine - it's certainly no worse - but it's pretty subtle in my system. I am not using the P12 for my amps though. I would imagine it would have more effect on power amps which are drawing more current.