tube cd player with solid state amp and preamp

will a tube cd player yield a tube sound with a denon receiver as a preamp and a b&k 2 channel amp? I listened to a tube system and I liked the sound of it for 2 channel listening but I dont really have the resources to buy a totally tube system. What I have right now is a solid state Ht system that in my opinion sounds descent for ht and 2 channel listening. If I add a tube cd player will it produce a tube sound or is it a waste of money? any recommendations?
chameleon
I just added a jas 2.1 tube rectified and tube output cd player to my system. I am using a solid state preamp and amp. This player completly changed the sound of system. much more clarity, detail, warmth,sweetness in the mids, solid and extended bass. It is very musical with tube like sound. Also every tube I roll into the output stage has a clear and distinct change in sound. So with the right player you will gain a good deal of tube qualities with out sacrificing bass and speed. Not to say all tube gear suffers from that, but many do. I hope that helps.
Our systems are a result of all components, cables, tweaks, etc. working together in harmony. I have a Cary 308t into a Manley Shrimp driving a McCormack DNA-125 into Tyler 7u. I switched from a SET tube based integrated (Unison S2K) and can tell you the results are dramatic. Even with the tubed pre and cdp, the system sounds like ss with great detail and bottom end slam. So, as posted above, it IS all about the amp/speaker combo, but, as also noted above, a tube based cdp will add some warmth to an all ss system. Remember, your mileage will vary.
Hey everyone:

I think I might have to agree with Cleaneduphippy and Newbee on this subject and say that the amp/speaker combination will make a greater difference on the "tube feel" of the system.. And I'm basing it on my personal experience as I was shopping for my components.

One of the first things that I bought was a Tube CDP (Sonic Frontiers SFCD-1) which in my opinion is a pretty "tube-y" CDP to begin with.. at least compared to some of the Cary CDPs. With that being said, after hooking it up into my Krell integrated, there was a *subtle* difference, but honestly, to me it didn't feel warm enough. I buckled and spent some more money I didn't have and bought some Cary monoblocks and the difference was night and day.

I strongly recommend switching out your amps first before working on the pre amp or CDP. Even if it's something simple like an ST-70 or something.. It'll give you the kind of sound that you want and are going after.
Just posted the same remark in another thread. Just visited Xindak showroom (Lotus Audio Import)in RMAF-2008. There, Xindak Muse Deluxe 1.0 CDP/DAC-8 combo looked and sounded wonderful. To my years, however, the CDP alone sounded as detailed, open, and transparent as the combo, and at 50% the $$$. By the way, it gets you tube output as well as solid-state. Built like a tank.