Denafrips FPGA Firmware Update

In case there are any Denafrips DAC owners out there that are not aware of the FPGA Firmware Update, here's the link:

I did the update on my Ares II earlier today and am currently enjoying the results.  It is definitely an improvement without question.

mceljo

@goex54 - I had a few pops and clicks prior to the firmware upgrade.  Not enough to bother me, but enough to know what it was from my online reading.  Post firmware upgrade, I can't say that I've had any but have not spent a lot of time listening.

I never had the popping or clicking issue on my Denafrips Area II, but finally took it apart yesterday, photographed the chip, sent in the form, and got the update last evening.

Took the time this morning and carefully followed the instructions provided by Alvin. Turned out to be straight forward as I worked my way through, step by step, even though I am on the newest Mac OS…..easy to figure out.

It is a very nice performance upgrade for the Ares II, I must say. Well worth the upgrade regardless of any past issues, or not.

Thanks to Alvin and Vinshine for this update, pretty unexpected and adds new life to the Ares. 👍

The setup guide says to download a Theyscon driver if you want to use usb into the Ares II.  Since I won’t ever e using my PC as source, do I need to install the driver on my PC?  Thanks.

Yes, if you are updating the Ares II with the PC, it will need that driver to do the update to the firmware.