Good old days

I remember when I was happy that everything I played on my stereo sounded basically the same,  without a care for soundstagjng and the like. This occurs to me now as I sit in my car enjoying the hell out of everything played.  All I’m thinking about is the music.  Maybe it’s time for me to pack in my high end aspirations.

128x128rvpiano

@ebm Pack it in ASAP.

Reminder to my future self - when I get to a point of four word unhelpful forum replies, this will be my signal to stop monitoring this site and bail out for sure. 😆

To be sure, there’s absolutely nothing better than when music and sound come together to produce a wondrous effect.

**** relocating myself in the listening space, so that imaging is not a factor, may help considerably. ****

If one gets to the point where one is ready to go back to listening to music on a simple radio, then why not simply think of your rig as a great super high quality radio. Screw imaging and listen for musical expression, tonality, rhythmic nuance and interplay…. music. It will all still be there, but without the distraction of the expectation of “depth”, “perfect channel balance”, “image stability”, etc.

@ebm 

Pack it in ASAP.

Perhaps good advice for some posters, here. Don't take it too personally, though! You're always contributing the best advice! Keep it up, buddy! Everyone loves your comments!

Reminder to my future self - when I get to a point of four word unhelpful forum replies, this will be my signal to stop monitoring this site and bail out for sure.

Or find the mouth of an open volcano.