Galion TS120

So this seems to be a bit weird. Thomas Tan from Thomas & Stereo is touting this as his improved version of the Doge 10. He’s having all of his YouTube buddies review the amp.

I’ve checked a number of the forums and I can’t find a single post about this amp. There is a very strange "post" where you would look for the Doge 10 by the co-creator of that amp who seems very upset about the Galion TS120 and the fact that they took the Doge 10 off the market even though the Galion TS120 is almost the same thing.

Ron, from New Record Day, has a video where he compared the Fusion Black Ice F35, the Rogue Cronus Magnum III, the Galion TS120 and the LTA Z40+i with sound samples and a reference. I listened and thought that the LTA was the best with the Galion second although it was a closer second than it should have been given the price differential.

So, anyhow, my questions are whether anyone has bought this or knows about it and/or has some thoughts about it.

dz13

@clarke10925 Thanks for the information. Not the Cayin A88T however but the relatively newer Cayin CS-88a. 

I'm still going back and forth on several options in my head. 

No problem. Call VAS/Cayin US importer. Ask for Steve. Nice guy. I’ve bought from him. I go by his advice. Mention my name, Brian. He’s taken care of Nola owners. Also a fan of Nola.  Nola voices their speakers with KT88 tubes. 

Musictek.com is a USA seller of Cayin. I bought my HA-6A tube headphone amp from them. Good service. 

I only have that one Cayin amp to compare but it seems very well built and has a very detailed sound. Almost solid state resolution.

I am sure their other integrated tube amps are good. Between those and the Icon Audio I went with the latter for my current stereo amps. UK company and I liked the aesthetics better. Similar price range. And highly resolving. They have really high quality transformers with a tertiary winding to reduce noise.

I have the Icon Audio Stereo 40 mkIV and the 300B mkII. You may wish to consider the Stereo 40 mkIV against the CS88A. 

Well my infernal dialogue is over. I'm getting a Don Sachs Valhalla amp. Very excited. Appreciate all of the posts in this amp. Still very curious to hear the Galion TS120 in person or read reviews from anyone who buys/tries it. 

Check out the following link from Doge regarding Thomas.

https://doge.audio/anniversary/

Further to this, I have met Thomas, bought speakers from him, and have had the opportunity to audition the Galion for a couple of weeks without even a deposit for the unit. The Galion is a very nice integrated, and compared very well to my mono blocks that are 3 times the Galion’s price. Not only is Thomas very trusting , he is very trustworthy and professional. He is easily  contacted and responds to enquires and offers advice promptly.