What is the VERY BEST CD album you've ever heard?

Just like with records, I came across releases on CD that were never popular, but bring lots of interesting music and so I started collecting CDs that do have collectible value for the reason of a great and rare music presented.

So far album "Sauce Hollandaise" by Ashra is on my #1 desirable list

"Best Band You've Never Heard In Your Life" by Frank Zappa is my 2nd best CD I've ever heard. 

czarivey

Great and timely post as recently been organizing/cataloging my CD collection: 

Kiri Te Kanawa: "Mozart Opera Arias", London Symphony

Buena Vista Social Club (one of several CD's produced by Ry Cooder I love)

Ry Cooder "Jazz", "Paradise and Lunch", etc.

Gary Burton: "Reunion"

Paul Michael Meredith: "The Luxury of Love"

Beck - Sea Change.   Mofi special limited edition CD.  Beck at its best, for me.

@heretobuy . I grew up with Fats Waller's grandson, his great grandson is actually an NBA player.. I grew up in a famous area in NY where there were tons of musicians  and artist; James Brown, Fats Waller, Count Basie, Leana Horn, heck even Al Roker, LL Cool J, many others. When we were little and didn't have a neighborhood pool, Count Basie would open is pool to the kids in the neighborhood. Can you guess the area in NY? :)

With 11,000 CDs and a very diverse music library/music genre that is too difficult to choose.  I have many more great sounding (mostly uncompressed) CDs versus my 28,500 LPs to choose from (LPs can suffer from compression, vinyl problems, subgenerational mastering e.g. Angel classical records versus EMI originals, U.S.Beatles versus Parlophone, etc).