How do you find time to enjoy your $$$ speakers and system?

Maybe this topic is more of recommendation and sharing ideas than a question. We invested in our hifi systems for years to get to a place where we appreciate what our systems sound. Now, how do you find time to enjoy listening to music if many of us work long hours and still need to take care of family, errands etc…I don’t remember when was the last time I spent more than 2 hours a week at the most to enjoy the system I spent $$$ to build. How do you find time to enjoy your system?

128x128analoguefan

I undestand your problem. Many years ago, I used to do post production and listened to music 12 hours a day.

I must confess that I listen to more music in the car than I do on my seven or eight different hi-end systems.

Wish I could find unlimited time, but alas, life. It would be great to make a living at it, but I use my precious hours to unwind after work. Somedays just the music. Hard days with Bourbon.

Like several here, I'm semi-retired and on average listen to the main system 3 - 4 hours daily. Primarily vinyl with an occasional CD if I'm feeling lazy and don't feel like doing the record ritual. Most of my listening is in the evening in the mancave. TV on, volume down, with a sporting event (NCAA bball currently) on.

This has been a lifelong habit (passion) that I believe is therapeutic, helping me keep my sanity and stay mentally and emotionally stable with the many things that life seems to throw at us. Having invested significant dollars in equipment, upgrading and media over 50+years of collecting, I feel it would be a crime not to find the time to listen.   

I find a few hours a week to listen to music.  Usually 1-2 hours per session.

Background music usually just annoys me.  I cannot relate to people that have music going on all the time (TV going all the time is even worse).

That said, I sometimes will turn on a little radio when I am cooking or messing around in the shop.  HiFi would be too distracting.