Kumza Stabi S or Rega P10 ??

Looking for some commentary. Narrowed my search down to a few remaining tables, and these two are of interest. Wondering if anyone out there owns or has owned either and can comment? 

jc51373

@pindac 

Yeah I considered them, still open to them, but they solve one problem while creating some of their own unique issues. I am not in the camp of one being better than the other, I think both (belt & DD) have their own merits and drawbacks. The Luxman looks nice though

@jc51373 I entered the Thread when a idea to 'set and forget' was made known.

I have a history of using the following Drive Types in the following chronological order of one being superseded, Belt Drive (80's-90's), Idler Drive (90's - 00's), Direct Drive ( 2016 - Present).

I still own all Drive Types and am quite wed to the DD.

I get the opportunity to hear BD and DD in other owned systems as well, not too much of Idler Drives today, even though my last encounter was very satisfying and very much enjoyed.

I seem to be free from prejudice, when it comes to Drive Types, but do know through experiences had, each drive can be quite attractive if mounted on a suitable support structure, and has a Tonearm in use, that allows the TT>Tonearm pairing to offer up their best.

One other lesson learnt from extensive investigation and experiences of Platter Mats, is that a listening/set up environment are all quite unique, certainly not ubiquitous in the materials used and methods chosen.

No TT > Tonearm > Cart' has a ubiquitous performance when used in a a variety of environments.

Platter Mats Types used to offer a improved interface between Platter and Cart' can offer a real benefit or detriment to the SQ, it is worthwhile trying out various versions once everything else, that usually is a concern is addressed. 

The Platter Mat material when discovered to be a correct choice for a particular environment, can/will bring the SQ to another level of attraction.

My experiences have shown to myself.  A Puck or Clamp is best selected following the Platter Mat Selection.

Again for the Pick/Clamp, there is not a set formula (Trial by Turnover of Types), following the Platter Mat selection, the addition of the Puck/Clamp can tidy the overall presentation up further.

I have seen Bossing Mallets produced from a Densified Wood at a very reasonable cost, converting a part of this mallet type into a Puck can be achieved reasonably cheap.

I have heard recently a Densified Wood Puck in use, during a comparison of Platter Mats and Pucks, the Densified Wood Puck was a New Produced Item and compared against Pucks from very respected Companies.

The Densified Wood brought something of real interest to the comparisons taking place, especially when having costed pennies as it was produced from a Off Cut Material.           

What about the Hana makes you know it wont require shims?  What do you mean by shims? For VTA or for azimuth? Using a tonearm that allows you to actually adjust these parameters is an advantage over the Rega arms. If you are set on using a Hana cart (totally valid) then I would not buy a P10.  I would find and alternative with an adjustable arm and have it aligned professionally.  Then your are set and can forget!  I agree with Tablejockey that getting the P10 with the best Rega  cartridge you can afford is a fine idea.  Don't worry about it sounding thin. It sounds great.

Got the P10 with the Hana red, listened for a couple hours last night. I am borrowing a set of speakers (New Sim Audio monitors) while I await my Falcon Gold Badges. so everything I am thinking at this point may not be the turntable. 

First impressions, are it sounds light, delicate, airy, decent bass. Overall I feel like I lost some warmth and weight I had with my previous TT. Tons of detail retreival, some of the best I've heard and I have owned MSB DACs and Antipodes servers before I went all analog. So far, I am just sort of luke-warm on the sound, don't love it, don't hate. This may all due to break-in of the cart, speakers are broken in. 

I may have to at least create the option for myself to audition the Feickert and see if I hear any significant differences. 

The P10 is not a warm or weighty sounding turntable. It sounds a little bright, and quite analytical. I found I preferred the P8, which had a fuller, warmer, and more natural sound, although gave up a litte bit of detail and drama compared with the P10. The Hana is a warm sounding cartridge, so what you are hearing is completely attributable to the turntable.