Musical?

I see all sorts of componants, CD players, Pre's, Amps, Speakers .... being referred to as "musical" ... just what the heck does THAT mean? lol
I understand "soundstage", "depth", "up-front", "forward", "reserved", "bright", "colored" .... but someone PLEASE explain "musical" :)
tgyeti
Post removed 

jaybo +1

Those who can't deal with the term need to loosen up a bit as sometimes it's exactly what you mean to say.

All the best,
Nonoise

@nonoise 

While @drakry managed to revive this 17 year-old thread with his thoroughly inane post, your comment to @jaybo makes me realize how much I miss him.  He always came across as extremely knowledgeable, helpful, and straight to the point.  @drakry on the other hand, is almost certainly a bot:  just “joined” today, has just a single post, and doesn’t make a whole lot of sense.

Why Audiogon permits just-joined “members” to post without moderation is something I’ll never understand.

@rel 

I must be getting old as I missed the date of this thread. And yes, I do miss jaybo now that you mention it. Funny how some just pass by the wayside without fanfare but when brought up, remind us of better times.

All the best,
Nonoise