DAC for Krell KPS 20i

hi:

is there anyone out there using KPS 20i as a transport? what dac and digital cable are you using. what kind of improvement are you getting? thanks
yollyhnet0com
Ckoffend: thank you for all the dac suggestions. i will be on the look out for either a tube or reimyo dac. i know it is hard to compare the sound from two different systems but in this hobby you are always looking for your weakest link to improve and since kps 20i has been around for a while and digital playback is like computer that keeps on changing i suspect it can be improved on.

Lula: good guess!!! i have shunyata king cobra for my kps20i. so you think cadas golden cross will do the trick. are the golden cross warmer than the golden reference? thanks
Yolly, I have a 1/2 meter Cardas Gold Cross (balanced) that I purchased with my CD players (Opus 21 with GNSC) thinking that I may want to warm things up a bit (I run a Krell amp - I do like Krell). I installed the Golden Cross and found that if definately warmed things up. In fact, this cable was one of the most sound changing/tweaking cables I have ever tried. In the end, I pulled it out of my system as I felt resolution and detail suffered noticeably, as did bass definition and a sense of speed. There are many, many people who like this cable and I think it is a good cable at delivering added warmth, but too much at the expense of other items that are important to ME. I would suggest trying it though and if you don't need more than a half a meter, you can buy mine or we may be able to work something out where you borrow it (where do you live city/state is fine).
Ckoffend:

thank you for the offer but my ARC sp11 only has rca input unless i can find a pair of adaptor. i will let you know. i live near Los Angeles area. sorry for the late reply. went camping with the kids. best regards Howard
Hello, for me the opccion number one is Krell Reference
64 and Purist Dominus or 20 Anniversary, not forget to
indispensable ATT for conecction TymeSync.
Good by Adrian