New Class D amplifiers

Hello. I'm very interested in getting your opinion on the newer Class D amplifiers.  There has been a couple of very positive reviews (by Guttenberg) of the Bel Canto C6i and NAD M23.  These, and perhaps some others are offering new technology that significantly lower the class D noise level and other drawbacks.    

I currently use a Class A amp, Pass Labs INT-25 (with Dynaudio Heritage Special speakers) which has a wonderful sound. But I am transitioning to another location, and due to using Roon primarily I find that this system stays on most of the day.  Due to heat and power usage of Class A amplifiers, I'm interested in translating to Class D if I find something comparable.

128x128grantgg

If you want dialog, be respectful

Look who's talking 😆

And again you did not answer my question. Which tells me that you are talking about a product, about which you have no experience about. No doubt Atmasphere called you out on trolling. I cannot continue to waste my time with you anymore. If possible, try to add value to a discussion, in future. And remember your own statements from past about who cares about your opinion. Good luck.

@milpai

You asked on what basis I find GaN amps lacking and said you were looking to learn. I gave you a thoughtful reply with leads on where to find further info to educate yourself. In reply, you insult. I expected as much. Information, like the GaN fet, is only as good as the implementation. If you were genuinely curious, you would have taken the time to actually do some homework and would have indeed found value in the reply. You got out what you put in and look intellectually lazy as well as dishonest in your intentions.

Whether or not I have heard the Atmos amp or any other has no bearing on what you or others may subjectively think about it after listening to it. I gave you cold, hard facts, when it seems what you want is for someone to tell you what you want to hear. Listen for yourself, no one else can tell you what you will prefer. If you understood the actual uselessness of other people’s subjective opinions you wouldn't be hitching your wagon to other’s subjective opinions and would see the ignorance of your question to me.

My issues are with poorly designed and implemented GaN amps, or expensive amps built to market to people who apparently care more about style than substance. As I said, these are my opinions based on actual objective data.

No rational reason whatsoever, from a performance standpoint, to spend $5000 and more for a class d amp. Of course if someone wants to spend $4000 for a flashy case to get performance that can be beaten by a $1000 Hypex or Purifi amp, it's their money to squander...

A solution in search of a problem. The best performing class d amps on the market today do not use GaN fets.

@kuribo, these and the many more you post are just your opinions, nothing more...

@ddafoe

Of course they are my opinions, but unlike many others, they are based on facts. If you want to argue the facts, have at it. Show me a GaN amp other than Orchard’s product that performs as well as Hypex or Purifi. Show me a $5000 class d amp that performs 5X better than the $1000 class d amps using Hypex or Purifi modules.