Ayon cd3 Versus AMR 777cdp

Can anyone advise if they have compared these players.
andrewrona
Hi Mrtennis, remember this posting you posted, back on 4-10?

This what you look for in a CD player!

Here is a copy of what audiogon member -mrtennis- posted back on 4-10 about CD Players!

i like a dull, veiled, laid,back, boring sound capable of putting me to sleep. i hate treble and i don't like detail. i like subtractive coloration to such an extent that all recordings sound the same. you can talk about detail, neutrality all day long.
if you don't tap your foot, it doesn't matter.

i want to relax, not bothered by detail or dynamics. veil the sound and cut off the highs. darkness and dullsville is my motto, by choice. thick caramel syrup makes me happy.
Mrtennis (Threads | Answers)

04-10

Wow! - I own the Ayon CD player and I can without any reservation tell you that it is the best sound I have ever heard and No "thick caramel syrup" is not what I look for in a cd player or any audio gear.

I have owned EMM, Audio Reserach, Ayre, reimo and I think you are wrong, the Ayon is superior. I do like the Lector CDP7T too.

MLK
Audio 852: I have to second Mrtennis. I have owned an all Ayon system (cd-1, falcon s and sunfire). the falcon s and the sunfire are outstanding components - I still use them right now. The cd-1 was the most unsatisfying cd-player I used within the last two years (and I had a lot of them). At the price point good quality but any Ayre C-5xe or EMM beats the hell out of this machine. Sorry...
Frankpiet,
With all due respect I had the Ayre 5- C-xe and in my system 3 different people preferred the Ayon other than maybe bass which was close, system dependent I guess.

Best,Bob
Bobf: thats a bit strange - even german Ayon dealer say, that the c-5xe is better. I A-Bed them in my main system (Ayre K-1xe - Pass X 350.5 and Avalon Opus Ceramique) and in my secondary system at that time Ayon Sunfire - Ayon Falcon S). In both systems the C-5xe came out as a CLEAR winner. Probably you´ve just connected one channel of the Ayre ;-) (kidding)...
Hi Frankpiet,
9 out 10 will tell that the Ayon CD's are top winners. All you have to do is Google the Ayon CD-1 and read it for yourself, not to mention what owners of these units have to say, right here on Audiogon, just sheer audio happiness. Review after review. Look at the 6moons review by Ken Micallef and Ken is a real level headed reviewer.

http://6moons.com/audioreviews/ayon/cd1.html

Ken states - Better than Vinly!

He compared it to the Ayre, it out soundstaged the Ayre in his opinion to include a long list of other top players. Did you know that the Ayon CD-1 outsells top tube players 2 to 1.....?
MLK