Full range speakers, 40"-44" max height

I do not like tall speakers, especially when the tweeters sit high.

My height requirement fulfill speakers like Wilson Sophia, WP even Sasha or Meridian 7000 (but this is digital only).

Any other comparable ones in quality with the above?

And I need to stay under 10k used market.

128x128piramis

@elliottbnewcombjr .   Speed of sound is the same for all frequencies. Sloped baffle is for time aligning drivers.

+1 @gdnrbob 

I have Vandersteen Quatro woods and at 43 inches with room tunable powered  subs, I've not heard anything better. You can find a used pair for 6-8kish. I think audio connection in Verona NJ has a used pair. If you dont want the powered sub you can get Treos instead but I'll tell you, my experience is that the built in subs added a tremendous amount. I went to listen to Treos and after hearing the Quatros left with those. 

closenplay

thanks, you made me learn more about time alignment here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loudspeaker_time_alignment#:~:text=Loudspeaker%20time%2Dalignment%20usually%20simply,cover%20a%20wide%20audio%20range.

so time alignment is about voice coil positioning, not speed of sound

excerpts

" it is of utmost importance that, at the crossover frequency the outputs of both drivers should acoustically sum so as to be seamless, without any peaks or dips, otherwise the loudspeaker is said to colour the sound."

"the radiating surfaces (at the voice-coil or the dome/dust-cap depending on design, also known as the "acoustic centre") of the drivers are not in the same plane - the tweeter’s radiating surface is usually much forward of the woofer when both are mounted to the same flat panel."

therefore:

stepped front or sloped front or tilted back: moving the tweeter voice coil somewhat back (from other drivers acoustic centers) seems to be advantageous.

Factory designs (stepped or sloped) presumably based on exact math of known drivers;

amateur tilt as I describe is a simple approximation.

Piram,

Did you learn anything from the above names ?

The Dirty Dozen. 

Good luck