Full range speakers, 40"-44" max height

I do not like tall speakers, especially when the tweeters sit high.

My height requirement fulfill speakers like Wilson Sophia, WP even Sasha or Meridian 7000 (but this is digital only).

Any other comparable ones in quality with the above?

And I need to stay under 10k used market.

128x128piramis

an old man’s advice:

When speakers are short, tilt your speakers back so that the tweeter is aimed directly at your seated ear height.

that tilt is also beneficial:

a. alters reflection angle relative to floor, ceiling, side and rear walls

b. time alignment. eh: high frequencies travel faster than low frequencies. (why many designs have sloped fronts). Many/most think not really an issue at our listening distances, but .....

toe-in, 1 listener: works best for me: while finding distance from side and rear walls, toe the speakers in so that the tweeters are aimed at your listening position.

you will still get wide imaging, wider might be un-natural, that’s another reason to chose a cartridge with wide channel separation, and tight center balance.

toe-in two listeners: if listening with a friend, i.e. small table between two chairs both listeners a bit off center:

aim left speaker at right listener

aim right speaker at left listener

effect: decent imaging for both because you are closer to the one aimed at the other person, thus more volume by distance, however the opposite speaker is aimed at you, thus more volume by dispersion. a reasonable balance rather than just hearing the speaker near you. works, try it.

movement: wheels/slip material (hard for carpet/soft for hard floors)

I use 3 wheels on my very heavy speakers, they just roll when I get tough with them.

See my virtual system: Donna’s precious items on top of speakers, no movement even on wheels.

https://www.audiogon.com/systems/9511

You need tight axels to prevent wobble. I tried some pricey wheels, but found that furniture grade dual wheel castors have the tightest axels.

lighter speakers just need 3 spots of material (hard or soft) to allow movement

3 wheels/slip material: 2 in front, 1 in back because you want more weight per wheel/slip material;

AND you do not need to worry about wobble, 3 always settle.

rear corner blocks to prevent tipping when moving: I have a wood skirt that hits the floor if the speaker starts to tilt; Other speakers without a skirt: I used to have rear corner blocks, floating just above the floor, to do the same thing.

marks on floor:

I am lucky, I have a wood grid floor. I maintain the front inside corners to retain my distances from rear and side walls, and have two positions for the front outside corner: just swing the outside corner forward: normally at me; at other chair when a friend visits.

Vandersteen Treo and Quatro’s

Time and Phase aligned, too.

Even the VLR bookshelf speakers will blow out most speakers.-No BS.

Bob

also active speaker generally have better bass extension that passive counterparts using the same size cabinet.