dcs puccini, chord red ref, meitner cdsa or nagra

anybody had a chance to compare any of these top of the line one-box cd players on redbook?
maxx2man
Metronome make some great sounding players. The T2i signatrure is good. The Spectral SDR4000 may be good, I havent heard it, but it is the ugliest player in the world closely followed by the Playback design.

No matter how good the Metronome is and the Spectral may be on red book, they cannot compete with a SOTA SACD player playing SACD. Although having said that an SACD is only as good as the recording...
Chadeffect, my friend, the Playback Design MPS-5 is not ugly at all in person. The pictures have not done it justice. When you see it in person I think you'll agree.

I nominate the Chord as the ugliest, funkiest design.

Dave
Hi Dave,
Maybe the pictures i have seen of the Playback design have been unfortunate.
The display looks cheap which is a bad start.

The Chord equipment sure has a look and probably the cd player suffers the worst with the cd lid placed like that. Their amps i have heard sounded very good. I can see why some wouldnt like the fussy design though. Nicely finished when you seem them up close.
The Playback Designs display is bright. Since it's not blue or green it photographs harshly, but in person it's VERY easy to read and understand.

Dave
most important is the sonics and then the looks and of course a reliable and well-known manufacturer especially in digital gear.