Upgrade to McIntosh

Hello everyone,

I am looking to upgrade my hi-fi sytem.I demod MC 275 recently and loved the tuby,warm house sound of Mcintosh.

I will be pairing them with Sonus Faber Olympica 1.

I am torn between MA352 integrated and MC275+C8 separates. The latter is obviously more costly but I am willing to go for it if there are advantages.

How would the sound differ? What would be the most notable distinction between the two system in your opinion?

Thanks in advance

@femoore12 I have my reservations about the internal DAC2 installation. You see the DACs keep improving so do the connection types that come with them. Is it really worth the extra $1000 McIntosh internal DAC2 rather than trying out different external DACs giving you more freedom and opportunities.That is a dilemma.

All tubes here. I have the MC275 VI paired up with a C2300. Listen to it most everyday in my office. I added a RME DAC so I could hook up my streamer. I have a 10x10 room and while I don't listen at reference levels (more in the 70-80dB range ), the MC275 has plenty of power and low end for my Paradigm Studio 20V5s. Whatever you pair with the MC275, the MC275 will not be the weakest link in the chain and is an amp you can keep and enjoy for years. 

@wolfgangamadeusaudiophiliac I haven't compared that DA2 module to other higher end (above $1000) DACs. I've only owned a couple of the Schiit Audio DACs (Modi and Modius) and the module in the C2700 is certainly better. 

This will certainly be a personal choice and I do understand the dilemma. McIntosh does sell the C22 tube preamp without a DAC if a McIntosh tube preamp is your interest. Then you are not tied to a built in if you want to try out others. I might eventually switch to another DAC, but the DA2 was a big improvement for me over what I currently owned.

I have been a long time McIntosh fan and have run MC352, MC601's, MC75 III, and currently MC275VI.  Surprisingly, a Don Sachs II pre amp absolutely out performed my beloved C500T pre amp.  Suspect 6SN7 based system is just better than 12AX7 to my ears.  I ran Cremona Auditor M's, then Guarneri Evolutions and both were excellent.  A move to a much larger room allowed me to run Cornwall IV's and I have no interest in changing anything.  Don't overlook the Don Sachs / McIntosh synergy.....a wonderful match.  Have fun!

@jeffreyw 

I second what you said. I'm running a C2300 with MC601's and I get wonderful, warm tube sound with lots of bass. I also have an MC275 in my system and I can switch between the 601's and the 275, and the difference between the SS amps and tube amp is definitely more subtle than when I had a SS preamp with the same amps.