What is your experience with the Spin Clean?

Mine is it makes absolutely no difference. I'm thinking about returning it.

128x128jjbeason14

This is good!

Thanks BD.

I just checked the Humminguru site and they have 2 models with different prices.

Which one would you recommend? 

TIA

@jjbeason14,

Read carefully, HumminGuru Ultrasonic Vinyl Record Cleaner,

HumminGuru Ultrasonic Vinyl Record Cleaner 
Regular price $376.00 USD

HumminGuru Ultrasonic Vinyl Record Cleaner Bundle with 7" + 10" Record Adapters 
Regular price$426.00 USD

If you buy the HG, recommend you get a spare tank for a rinse step - HumminGuru HG01 Water Tank | Record Cleaner | Ultrasonic Cleaner | RCM

Thanks antinn!

So the only difference between the two is the 7 and 10 adapters?

Is the rinse step before or after the HG? or both?

Also,any idea what their return policy is? Couldn't find it on their website.

@jjbeason14: Great info and advice from Neil (@antinn). I would get a pack of the replacement parts (filters, pinch rollers) while you’re at it. Yes, the only difference is the inclusion of adapters for 7" and 10" discs.

And be sure to read Neil’s treatise of record cleaning, which contains everything you need to know. In it you will read about doing a pre-cleaning in your kitchen sink, a step I now include in my LP cleaning regimen.

In that tome you will also find advice and recommendations for cleaning and surfactant (to reduce water tension) chemicals: the former being Alconox Liquinox, the latter Talas Tergitol 15-S-9, both readily available at reasonable cost on the internet.

Anyone deciding to go for a Spin Clean type product, be sure to check out the Knosti Disco Antistat (goofy name!) mentioned by @oldaudiophile. I did, and deduced that it is a better version of the same idea as the Spin Clean, in that in place of the SCs "pads" uses very fine camel hair bristles instead.

The Knosti is available for under a hundred bucks, but for far less than that you can get the plastic LP holder that Neil recommends (I got mine on ebay for under twenty bucks), and wash LP’s in your kitchen sink, using a paint brush pad (for getting into corners) or your favorite brush (an old Discwasher?) to get the surface gunk off, then rinsing with tap water (at this stage of cleaning tap water will suffice). When putting your dirty LP’s directly into a Spin Clean or the Knosti, all the removed gunk is released into the water in their tanks, rather than going down the drain in your sink. Even if you use one of those cleaners, do a pre-wash in the sink first. That will keep the water in your Spin Clean or Knosti (or Humminguru, for that matter) tank cleaner.