Dedicated power circuits

I’m having some electrical work done including a whole house

generator, surge suppressor, and a new panel box. I am also going to have two dedicated power lines run for my stereo. I’ve read a lot on here about how this is a really nice upgrade and would greatly appreciate any advice to help me along on my project. Right now the plan is two 20 amp circuits with 10 gauge wire. One for my amp and one for my preamp and sources. My equipment is a McIntosh MC 452, a C47 right now but a C22 in the future, Rega P8, Rose hifi 150b,  McIntosh MR 74 tuner and Aerial 7t speakers. I’m also replacing my panel box with a new one. It’s a brand from a company that’s out of business and the quality and safety is suspect plus there are no new breakers available.

So starting with the breakers, then the wire and finally the receptacles what should I be looking for? The electrician that just left here is planning on the new panel being a Cutler Hammer brand. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

128x128gphill

@ditusa 

Please explain why MC Galvanized Steel Metal Clad Cable. A metal conduit is not required to meet code in this situation. And cost will be higher than Romex 10/2.

Battery backup and dedicated inverter for home office and audio..

Power always comes from a “cached” source, untroubled by the utility company..

well, unless ya cannot get them charged..

@invalid  say you have two lines a foot apart  through the studs every couple of stud spaces the  top wire goes through the bottom hole and the bottom  wire hoes through the top whole 

FWIW, I use a single run of 8 gauge terminating in a 4 x 20amp distribution box of hospital-grade Hubble receptacles. Keeps it simple.

Many will tell you anything beyond 12 AWG is overkill. Including electricians and people on these boards. But for the small amount of extra $ over 12 AWG, why not. Electricians may not like working with 10 AWG because it’s a bit stiffer, but it’s certainly doable. I used Shunyata receptacles, one feeding my Torus RM20.

If you are getting electrical work done for the dedicated lines, there is a lot of simple layout things you can do to improve your sound quality, as I learned by working with @kingrex.

He does this for a living, and helped improve Michael Fremer of Stereophile’s household wiring alongside Garth Powell of Audioquest. Not sure if he wants his name associated with his username otherwise I’d link the writeup on Stereophile - I’d suggest reaching out to him. All costs to implement his fixes were relatively low, and he worked remotely with my on-site electricians to ensure things were done right.

I can easily hear an improvement with the dedicated lines over my old lines which are still there as a reference.