Powered speakers show audiophiles are confused

17 of 23 speakers in my studio and home theater systems are internally powered. My studio system is all Genelec and sounds very accurate. I know the best new concert and studio speakers are internally powered there are great technical reasons to design a speaker and an amp synergistically, this concept is much more important to sound quality than the vibration systems we often buy. How can an audiophile justify a vibration system of any sort with this in mind.

128x128donavabdear

The SQ you get per dollar spent using the active HT is mind boggling.

You can go with 5 pairs of Yamaha HS8’s and a single one for a CC and a Yamaha CX-A5200 processor (or their next gen when it comes out) for less than $10K.

You could go with 5 pairs of Emotiva Airmotiv 4’s and a single for a CC and their RMC-1L Processor for less than $10K.

Of course you would want to add some subs (of the active variety) and you have simplified the entire HT process. Anyone reading this thread who wants a SOA home theater would be hard pressed to do better without paying 3-5 times the price. You get matching amps, speakers, and processors and all you need is a shelf for your gear, not a 6 foot tall rack. Take the $ you save on speaker cables and spend it on your sources and you are done!

If you got more than $10K get a JBL SDP-58 and 8 pairs of JBL 308P or their 7 Series monitors and stop agonizing about mixing speakers/amps, or whatever. 

Now, if you got more than $50K you got more matched/active options like:

Processor- JBL SDP-75

L-C-R speakers- JBL M2 (active)

surround bed channels- JBL 708P (active)

height channels- JBL 705P (active)

OR

You can get a matched active system by Focal:

Processor- Focal Astral 16 processor

Speakers- Focal Immersive Audio 7.1.4 monitoring system

Can anyone reading this thread tell me how to get a better system for the same $ with a passive setup???