Esoteric's G-03x Master Clock Generator

Hi guys,

Anyone here by chance tried these on their esoteric cd player ?

is it worth paying $4,000 fr this device ?

What improvements can be brought about with this unit ?

Thinking of this for use with the X-03 SE in the future.

Does high quality BNC digital cable make an audible difference ?

Thanks for inputs.

Noli
nolitan
Agree with AudioFeil--from what I have heard the clock makes a more noticeable diff when removed from the system--I have an x03se and would not think of adding a clock--for 4k I have purchased a great ic and speaker cables that made a huge difference more than the clock would do--rich
The clock accuracy of the D-5 is +/- 3ppm, when the unit is new. The G-03x is 0.1ppm and that means that it is 30 times more accurate. I decided to get the G-0Rb (rubidium) which is accurate to 0.05 ppb which is about 2000 times more accurate than the G-03x and, if my math is correct, 60,000 times more accurate than the clock in the D-5. I will post after the clock is broken in. The reviews I have read make me comfortable with my decision.
Bugman03 - clock accuracy has little to do with jitter. Jitter specs are what is important here.
As an owner of a dCS master clock in the context of a dCS source, my impression is that the clock makes a subtle but audible difference in soundstaging and overall realism. A master clock should be considered only for an otherwise "finished" (including room treatment) system, where one is willing to pay the premium for the benefit. That said, I believe the devil IS in the details, when one gets above a certain threshold of system quality. Personally, I believe my system has benefitted more from the outboard clock than it would have with upgraded cables at a similar cost. For context, I use Stealth Varidig Sextet digital, Kimber 1130 DAC to pre, Stealth Metacarbons to amps and Ridge Street Alethias to loudspeakers. All pcs are each under $500 cost.