Audio Research i/50

Hey folks!

Thinking to get one of these beauties for my main system paired with either a Zu DW or a Klipsch Forte/Cornwall. With the phono and DAC modules for my Lumin streamer and VPI tt.

Any experience?

Thanks in advance!

superelmar

just pull the trigger and bought one with onboard DAC&Phono stages.

Wondering if I sell my Lumin D2 with Sbooster and use just a Bluesound Node or a other pire streamer will make much difference and I can put the money in a good cans or MM Maestro V2.

An onboard DAC will make at least part of your Lumin potentially redundant. I guess I'd wait to see if you prefer the sound of the onboard DAC before moving on from your Lumin.

Problem is, if I don't like it, is a 1.500€ waste but... 

Also thinking, actually I have Zu Omen MKI, would like to go up for a Cornwall IV, 4349 or Devore O/96, any tips?

Thanks!

I talked to audio research again this week and they don’t know when the dac module will be available but soon. The dac module looks like a great option.

I think it is a very safe bet that ARC's DAC module will deliver top level performance. Remember that without the power supply, output stage, and casework to expend resources/cost/labor upon, ARC can devote a much greater percentage of that cost to the DAC itself. ARC's past DAC's have been state of the art so....

It won't be up to the level of their stand-alone DAC's but likely not far off.