Inter Connects - What I know and don't know

I've been researching Balanced Cables in anticipation of adding a new pair of mono-blocks (Atma Sphere Class - D) to my system. I'm hoping some of you who know a thing or two about cables might help me (us) clarify or demystify certain assumptions.   

My assumptions:

- You get what you pay for ($300 Brand X will produce more detail than say $60 Mogami Gold).

- The larger the gauge the better.

- Crimped and soldered connectors are better than screw tightened.

- Two or more large braided strands are better than several smaller gauge braided strands (all things being equal).

- Silver conductors are better sounding and measuring than Copper conductors.  

- Rhodium, Gold, Silver, Copper, & Brass, connectors objectively sound different. (as opposed to in your system).  

Remember, the more objective your responses are the more helpful they'll be to a majority of readers. 

Thanks in advance for your "feedback"

128x12869zoso69

OP I would reach out to Ralph for his opinion on an IC to use with his amplifier. What say you @atmasphere ?

Rather than hear opinions from people who are not using the same components in their audio chain. 

@jerryg123

I already reached out to the dealer. He recommended Mogami Gold. He assured me the manufacturer would agree.

That said there are thousands upon thousands of people who swear their more exotic/expensive cables are significantly more resolute than something as affordable and pedestrian as Mogami.

Thus began the deep dive into cable construction.

@jerryg123 @69zoso69 

Our amps support the balanced standard (AES48). To that end, if your preamp does too, then inexpensive studio balanced line cables will work quite well with very little to be said for exotic cables costing quite a lot more! I use Mogami Neglex at home. If your preamp does not support the standard then you may find that you have some auditioning ahead of you trying to sort out what works with your source.

Heavier gauge is useful for speaker cables- the lower the impedance of the load, the more important this becomes (this being an advantage of higher impedance speakers BTW). But for interconnect cables its not needed and might be a hindrance since it might cause capacitive issues which some preamps or sources might not like.

@atmasphere Thank you Mr. Karsten. 

As a stop gap measure I'll be running direct from my DAC (Denafrips Ponuts II), until I save up for a well mated preamp. 

OP

I already reached out to the dealer. He recommended Mogami Gold

The dealer will likely have higher profit margins on $$$ cables, this seems like a good starting point. When a dealer recommends something LESS expensive why not try it?