Dual mono integrated amps

I’m curious about dual mono integrated amps and if they can approximate the benefits of monoblocks. I had the good fortune of trying a friend’s electronics which included a dual mono preamp driving a pair of monoblocks and the result was not subtle. There was an expanded soundstage with more solid imaging. Is this an effect that most of you experience when each channel has dedicated circuitry? Are there particular examples of integrated amps utilizing a dual mono design that do a particularly good job in this respect? Ones that don’t?

Thanks for the help

128x128voodoochillin

The Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp offers excellent performance, facilities, and power.  As per the Musical Fidelity web site “Internally, the M6si is configured as 2 independent monobloc power amps with a separate preamp. It is, in fact, a preamp with 2 monobloc power amps that just happen to share the same casework.  The M6si has 220wpc. It has very low distortion, outstanding noise ratio and extremely flat frequency response”.  

I am very happy with my Musical Fidelity M-6Si integrated amp since this amplifier deliveries the sound quality I am looking for.  

@akg_ca   I've own/owned a lot of Rega and they do great work.  The Osiris probably is a beast and not only because of the dual-mono design.  A lot more than that need be in order to make it roll.  Rega knows its way around those things.

The review link was interesting.  Very cool minimalist system.  I can only comment that the whole system would benefit tremendously set atop a Quadraspire SVT or similar to control smearing.  Cheers

I second the musical fidelity a 308 option. If you can find one used, it’s an incredible value, and mine sounds great to my ears.

I have an SAE Two A14 integrated amplifier, dual mono design. Designed by SAE, but made in Japan in 1980. It’s top notch! Each preamp and amp has its own power supply. It’s the reason I haven’t had the urge to upgrade. 

This FAD of putting 2 behemoths on the floor between speakers is just plain stupid. It refelects the spudity of the owners.