NEW QUALIO AUDIO IQ SPEAKERS REVIEW : REVELATORY ?!

rick2000

Prof +1, if Iam  correct you see  more advertisers than the review itself.I hope they will improve their site.

I'll do a full review of the whole experience when I get them and break them in, since there's very little (read zero so far) user reviews. Not sure which site I'll post it on but should be easy enough to find.

Post removed 

They did all the homework.....so you could make a much better version yourself. All the drivers are listed on the 6 moons site and are easy to purchase. The review describes the crossover and parts. Of course, you would have to figure out the parts values......but it would be pretty simple to try some cheap caps and coils and measure till you get it right and then buy your super parts later(even better parts than what they use). You can time align the drivers for even better sound (and felt around the tweet and mids for diffracton control). You can hardwire directly to the voice coils of the mids and woofs, you can eliminate the binding posts, you can eliminate the resistor padding posts, etc. and hardwire a better sounding resistor right in your external crossover. You would send your wax/copper foil inductors for the midrange to a cryo house for better sound and use the 12 gauge Jantzens instead of the 14 gauge........all of this will result in a much, much better speaker than what you can buy.....and should not cost you more than $2500 for the parts and wood. If you have someone make the boxes for you then...of course, add that on. NOW TO TAKE IT ANOTHER STEP:

Make a version using two of the 9.5 inch Satori woofers in the same size box.......bi-amp it using the Minidsp Flex crossover (digital in and out version). Use two modified digital amps (VTV or Peachtree). This way the two woofs are driven directly from the amps with no inductors or parts in between and also you can equalize the bass and get rid of any room nodes. This also allows you to get rid of the cap on the midrange for even more information. You would still need the coil on the midrange and the cap, coil and resistor on the tweeter. Two woofs! bi-amped! time aligned! no connectors!.....of my frickin God.....you would never be able to lift your jaw off the floor.....your body would shiver with goosebumps.......yeah baby!

However, I have no doubt that the stock speaker is a breakthrough at its price point.....I mean why would you pay $4200 for Mofi speakers with stands when you can get this (way better in every way) speaker for $6K delivered. This speaker goes to 30hz.....rocks out.....has air to die for....images like crazy......way way more information than a Mofi.......This thing is fun....of course, making your own even better version for less than half price would be even more fun.