Ultimate stereo nightmare

I have a complex stereo system, having accumulated many various components through the years. I also have an impenetrable jumble of wires.  Until now I’ve been able to deal with problems that arose. Now that I am elderly I can’t easily get down on the floor to assess things. I bought and installed new very expensive speaker cables (Audioquest Robin Hood), and subsequently found that my right channel was not working. After switching cables, the right channel was still not working. So the problem is somewhere in the system.  I don’t know if it’s a loose cable or something else and have no way of tackling the jungle of wires to check it out. 
I hired a company that claims they deal with these things, but there’s such complexity I don’t know whether they can deal with it.

128x128rvpiano

Robin Hood, cool name for speaker cables! how do they sound while it was working?

@mastering92
It’s possible that they literally could sound like taking money from the rich?

Maybe not, but it seems possible…

@rvpiano had an opportunity to be ”in like Flynn”.

@holmz 

What a perfect picture of Robin Hood!  Alongside receiving Royalties for this branding with AQ, Robin Hood also has his own flour brand. Gotta admit though, those Robin Hood cables look better than the Mythical Creature line up, which just made me burst in to laughter...such a silly name for a cable. Like a kids coloring book. 

I'm up there in years too. My knees work when they want to.  Wish I was in NYC I'd happily help out an audio guy in need.

For me I like to ask my friends at church if they know a guy, after that I ask around at the country club. 

Definitely label the cables, and take the time to draw a schematic that cites the names on the labels and useful notes.